LONG ISLAND, NY - MARCH 1, 2019: Hockeynetcam.com has just released details of their newest camera enclosure "Netcam 3.1".
These are the changes from the previous 3.0 version.
- The polycarbonate base is now being manufactured by a new supplier. The base will feature less bubbling at the bends and this will reduce the possibility of stress cracks at those bends.
- We are discontinuing the placement of no-skid pads on the base. Input we received told us that the pads made it more difficult to slide the camera out to change digital cards between periods. The camera can be sufficiently tightened to the base with the bottom screw.
- Photographer feedback reported issues with the Velcro coming off the base. We have switched the industrial grade Velcro to a rubber-based product that should adhere to the base more efficiently. FYI, we also learned along the way that 'crazy glue' and similar products cannot be used to reattach the Velcro as these appear to burn through the existing Velcro adhesive! Readily available adhesives such as 'Gorilla' glue, works great. Just a couple of touches.
- The stabilizer bracket that is attached to the ball-head has been strengthened. We had zero complaints...but have a new manufacturer for this part.
- The base will no longer feature the two holes on the bottom as we don't know of any photographers using these and they were a throwback to the original netcam bracket of more than ten years ago. The three holes in the back will remain of course, and they are the safer and more efficient method for attaching the base to the bracket.
Product highlights include:
A slotted bottom panel to permit the camera to slide partly out of the Netcam body (while still staying attached) to enable the easy exchange of digital cards between periods.
Multiple mounting slots on the back gives you varied mounting options.
A stabilizing bracket is attached to the ball clamp to improve reliability by limiting Netcam movement.
Water resistant padded camera cover.
Water resistant padded cover, Clamp assembly including stabilizer bar, hex wrench, two camera platform screws,
two sets of hardware to mount the clamp assembly to the box, Right: Polycarbonate base
Assembled and ready to go
Netcam 3.0 utilizes a slot in the base to slide the camera far enough to pull digital cards between periods. Foamcore or cardboard should be used to protect the front panel EVERY TIME you move the camera in and out.
This site and all material herein is (C) COPYRIGHT 2019 BBS PHOTO, INC.